Friday 7 December 2012

One of those things & Christmastime (two posts in one!)

(Part I)
I have always wanted to do one of these!!! So, I guess now is as good as a time as ever... (is that the expression?) (inspired by this post)

Listening to: If I Walk Away by Josh Groban (surprise, surprise0
Reading: Les Miserables by Victor Hugo... or at least, trying to.
Wearing: An Aerpostale t-shirt I found at the thrift store (mwahahaha), blue jeans, a purple sock and a grey sock, an Alice in Wonderland necklace I got for my b'day (thanks, Audrey and Natalie! :)) and my purity ring. And a flower in my hair.
Excited for: The Hobbit (December 14th!) and Les Miserables the movie (Christmas Day!).

(from)

You should probably know, if you don't already, that I am kind of a musicals nerd. Especially when the said musical involves 1800's times, revolutions, handsome young men, and France. I will freely acknowledge here that Les Miserables the musical does include some objectionable content and is not "for everyone", but I do believe that it can have redeeming value because it is a gorgeous story about how one man's mercy changed a life, and how the life he changed was able to influence others. Les Miserables teaches us that one little act of love can go a long way, and that hope and love are real, and they are worth fighting for! But, I also understand the objections some people have to the book / movie / musical; this is just my personal opinion and you may ignore it as you see fit! : )

Christmastime (Part II of the post! heehee)
Now, about your lovely selves... how are you all doing? Are your CHRISTmas decorations up? Christmas Day is coming so fast... I haven't even finished Christmas shopping! Today I got caught up in the stress and havoc that Christmastime can bring, and I realize that I need to slow down and focus on what Christmas is really about.

I love Christmastime. One of my chief pleasures is giving a gift and seeing it loved and cherished. I adore picking out the "perfect gift" for a friend or family member, and seeing their face light up when they open it. So I guess I need to stop stressing about gift-giving and simply enjoy the process!

Have a blessed day!
"Klarabelle"

P.S. Now listening to Josh Groban's version of Little Drummer Boy and not only anticipating two movies, but dinner as well. : ) Parmesan chicken... yum! And wishing my computer wasn't being difficult... but hey, we aren't perfect, so I guess we shouldn't require our computers to be perfect, either. : )

P.P.S. Ooh! I almost forgot to mention. Hobby Lobby, the amazing craft store, is facing some tough stuff right now. They didn't want to provide abortion-causing drugs to their employees (as part of their health insurance), so recently they were forced to file a lawsuit... an excerpt from the e-mail that Hobby Lobby's CEO sent out reads, "... Hobby Lobby and my family are forced to make a choice. With great reluctance, we filed a lawsuit today, represented by the Becket Fund for Religious LIberty asking a federal court to stop this mandate before it hurts our business. We don't like to go running into court, but we no longer have a choice. We believe people are more important than the bottom line and that honoring God is more important than turning a profit." Read the whole letter here and read more about it here. Please be in prayer for this situation!

9 comments:

  1. Nice post! I have never heard of this book,movie etc. Your family owns a business? I will be praying!
    Riversbend~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Riversbend!
      Thanks for commenting! No, my fam doesn't own a business, but my mom told me about the Hobby Lobby situation so I thought I'd post about it. We don't know the family who owns Hobby Lobby personally, but we support their decision and like their store. :D Thanks for your prayers!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post, as always! I too am ecstatic for Les Miserables, the Hobbit, and especially CHRISTmas :). And yeah I worry about getting juuuust the right present - you know what I mean?? You're such a sweetheart!! I remember you telling me that you think gift-giving may be one of your spiritual gifts (I think...?!? Did you tell me that?? Idk lol) and that is SOOO cool! I was just thinking about you today cuz I was putting up the hanging butterfly earring holder you gave me for either my bday or Christmas :) I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Talio!!! You are such a sweetie. :) Yess, there are so many epic things to be excited for this CHRISTmas!!!
      Ooh, I might've. One of my friends thinks my "spiritual gift is gifts" (in her words). I don't know for sure yet, but I do enjoy giving gifts!
      Awww! I'm so glad you like it! :D

      Delete
  3. Klarabelle (Speaker), I LOVE JOSH GROBAN!!!!!! Great singer!! And, uh, I've nominated you for the Sunshine Award on my blog. It's Being a God Girl.
    ~Heidi (MeaganGirl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Josh Groban music is beautiful... teehee

      Delete
  4. Happy Holidays, Kara!! :) My Christmas decorations are almost all out, but I can't wait to show you our Christmas light display. My brother goes in way over his head with plans. I'll try to post pics on my blog once they're all up!! :)

    AHH, I hope everything with Hobby Lobby turns out ok. I'm sooooo happy to hear how much they care when they made their desicion!

    "Have a holly jolly Christmas"...... virtual singing!! <3

    ~Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel! Thanks for the virtual singing. : ) We shall have to sing in person sometime soonish!

      That sounds very epic! Can't wait to see it!

      Yess, me too!

      Delete
  5. I am so looking forward to seeing the movie!
    Emma
    http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I often reply, so please check back!